A Bruff Keeps The Ladies Away.




Usually in the first few pages or so in a book about photography, they tell you one of the main rules is to NOT drive ridiculous distances just to take pictures of pretty girls.

I can't really seem to follow the rules anymore.

So I'm driving a ridiculous distance just to take pictures of pretty girls.

Fortunately for me I'm growing a beard of protection in protest of women. It's growing kind of slow, but it's getting there. It keeps me from having feelings towards anyone whatsoever.

I am an emotionless black hole.

That is a bit of a lie.

But what are we if we're not living a bit of a lie?

I have my secrets...

I know a lot of you like to believe that everything I put up in my journal is the whole story.

But that is not entirely the case.

I have my secrets...

Today is Nov 8th, and on this day exactly one year ago, I was living more of those secrets then I am now.

On the day I left from Florida, I went to the beach and I wrote one message to everyone, and one to myself. If you haven't seen the message to everyone, then you can read it Here.

The message to myself I kept in my notebook, and told myself not to look at it for one year. I forgot what it said, and read it for the first time today. It is a bit surreal to me to read a letter to myself, and for the most part it being absolutely true. I can honestly say it made me cry.

When I wrote this. I had no life, I had no friends. I had not even started photography.


Nov 8th 2006

"Dear Mckay

Hey, What's up man, you're about to venture into the unknown. It's terribly exciting, and terribly terrible. Just remember to be good and that you are a great guy. You're unique, and funny, and loving and you are going to get what you want and deserve, simply because there is no other option. You'll probably look back at this letter and laugh because of how silly you are, but I promise you that you are in store for some great things. Some things most people wish they could experience or do. You are You, and that is the only proof needed. Soon enough you will be in a place where you look around and couldn't ask for anything else. It's there, It's waiting, you just have to go get it, and you are, you are smart enough to understand where it is and how to get there. I would say good luck, but that's not really relevant. Just be yourself, the rest will fall into place, I'll see you there.

Sincerely Mckay"


A lot of people like to talk about Love and such and how it is the greatest feeling in the world.

I have been in Love, and it is wonderful.

But if you have never felt validation, then you are truly missing out.

Today I am validated.

Not to just myself, but to everyone.

I still have many steps to take and things to accomplish, but I have crossed the line from dream to reality.

Although.

I have my secrets...

Do you believe that everything I put up in my journal is the whole story?

Do you think that's entirely the case?

I have my secrets...

If you want to know them, then you're going to have to read my book.

It's honest

And sad

And funny

And gritty

An evaluation of myself and my beliefs on the social aspects of my life.

No secrets, No lies, just the inner thoughts of a weird gentleman with a weird mind.

The photographer who sliced his foot climbing rocks in Tuscon for pretty girls far far away from home.

Cloud Chaser
Wave Rider
Mountain Climber
Light finder

Nothing will slow me.

Nothing can stop me.

I am a force to be reckon with.

I am Mckay Jaffe.

And I Must Be Dead.



:thumb67012030:

Comments

Popular Posts